Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sending Davinci .braw to FCPX

Sending Davinci .braw to FCPX 28 Jun 2020 04:01 #108280

• scooterD3
  • scooterD3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • "Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good." - Romans 12:21 I'm a guy. 'nuff said And I'm getting a lot of nicknames lately so I figure I'd post'em =) Beelagon, Kris, E-Dawg, Balloonasaur, Prince Eric, Edward (also Prince Edward), Sm
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello! So I have a strange issue happening where FCPX won't read exports sent from DaVinci Resolve.

Basically, my workflow is to start my edit inside FCPX. Then, I send those edits to DaVinci Resolve to do color edits, and then send it back into FCPX to finish everything. This SHOULD work without any issues.

However, here's where my problem occurs. For some reason, when sending the FCPXML from Davinci, FCPX keeps wanting to import the .braw files even though I rendered out the clips as Pro Res (I fully understand FCPX does not currently support .braw files). Now, the weird thing is the files I'm rendering are pro res, and the only reference of a .braw file is simply inside the library in DaVinci Resolve.

Essentially, is there any way to send an XML from DaVinci Resolve to FCPX that essentially only contains the timeline information (the rendered pro res clips, edits, transitions, etc.) and NO information from the media browser (which is where the .braw files are stored).

FCPX seems to have an "all or nothing" approach to XMLs, which basically means that since it can't import the .braw files, it basically says "I can't read these files, therefore you can't have anything else in this XML".

Very annoying, but wondering if other people have this problem and have come up with a solution.

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sending Davinci .braw to FCPX 28 Jun 2020 13:53 #108290

• Francois
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
Did you export the fcpxml after the DVR render ?
I will check the workflow tonight ...

Sending Davinci .braw to FCPX 30 Jun 2020 12:12 #108370

• Francois
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
Nothing new
In DVR, new timeline: stringout OC > delivery page :individual new clips....back to edit page export fcpxml
In FCPX import fcpxml...

Sending Davinci .braw to FCPX 30 Jun 2020 21:55 #108386

• haysoos123
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
There's a preset in the deliver section, at the top left, for Final Cut Pro... change that to select X. Then tweak that preset to change what you need. Then add it to the queue and render. This should automatically create the proper fcpxml which should link to your rendered files (should be some type of Prores, whatever you select).

• Page: