fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 10.4.9 + Nikon Z6 Prores Raw : No RAW settings ( ISO,WB, Exp.offset etc...)

10.4.9 + Nikon Z6 Prores Raw : No RAW settings ( ISO,WB, Exp.offset etc...) 26 Aug 2020 13:24 #109538

• FelixLgr
  • FelixLgr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,

Just installed the update, i was thinking that RAW settings control was universal as long as its a ProresRaw file.

Seems it's not... depending on the file, you get different options in the inspector. The first picture is from a Nikon ProresRaw file, and the second from a Sony FS, there are different options available for both but both are Proresraw file. ( even the SONY should have the WB control slider but its only showing the Color Temps )

I just hope its something that can be fixed ( Nikon ? Atomos ? Apple ? ) and that any Prores Raw will have the same options with the RAW control options, not something camera dependant.

Is anyone can confirm my findings ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Not every camera gets the same Prores Raw Control Options 27 Aug 2020 00:25 #109549

• FelixLgr
  • FelixLgr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Is this a bug ? can it be fixed in future firmware ? i guess we will have to wait and see, here to official response from ATOMOS:

The engineering just finished testing this option as well and here are the results:

Nikon Z6 – No ISO / No Exposure Offset / No White Balance
Nikon Z7 – No ISO / No Exposure Offset / No White Balance

Panasonic S1H – ISO / Exposure Offset / White Balance
Panasonic EVA-1 – ISO / Exposure Offset / White Balance
Z CAM E2 (Original Version) – ISO / Exposure Offset / White Balance
Canon C300 MKII – ISO / Exposure Offset / No White Balance
SONY FS7 – ISO / Exposure Offset / No White Balance

10.4.9 + Nikon Z6 Prores Raw : No RAW settings ( ISO,WB, Exp.offset etc...) 27 Aug 2020 14:25 #109579

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 536
Be aware that this RAW metadata is not standardized across the video industry, so diffrent video camera manufacturers will place that metadata in different fields of the file. So no, it's not universal, but maybe one day a consensus will be reached and it will.

• Page: