TOPIC: Help Identifying an intro template

Help Identifying an intro template 27 Aug 2020 17:28 #109589

• MattNIM
  • MattNIM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,
A client came to us wanting to to update their intro and make a few tweaks for a new video. Another company worked on the original intro, and I don't have the project files. Before I attempt to recreate it or find an intro template I thought it might be worth a shot to share it here and see if any of you might recognize the intro. I'm pretty sure it was made in motion or FCP. There are a few of the default titles that are very close to matching. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vimeo.com/452282639/5bf44de55a

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help Identifying an intro template 28 Aug 2020 11:53 #109628

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 517
That looks like two effects. Ther first, image slides into view via verticle panels. Lots of those type of templates all over the place. Pretty easy to manually create in FCPX, also. Place all those elements into a Compound, make 4 copies on top of each other, crop as needed, keyframe each to slide into view as appropriate.

The second is a spinning box type transition. I've seen these around from various developers, also. The trick is each element has its own transition. So you can't place one transition on the whole Compound. Open the Compound, place eash element into its own Compound, inside each of those apply the rotate-panels-out type of transition. These "sub-Compounds" stop the transition from effecting other clips in your comnposite.

Help Identifying an intro template 28 Aug 2020 12:10 #109630

• MattNIM
  • MattNIM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you very much! After studying it some more I came to a similar conclusion that it is a combination of effects and transitions. Thank you again for taking the time to look and respond.

• Page: