TOPIC: Batch conversion to Rec.709 with Custom LUT

Batch conversion to Rec.709 with Custom LUT 29 Aug 2020 22:14 #109693

• pszilard
  • pszilard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi guys,
I got 49 ProRes 422 files from the original BMPCC (1080p). I created a satisfactory colour correction using FCPX and saved it as Custom Effect. Is there a way I can use Compressor to batch convert all the source files with this effect? I located the save effect in Finder and it's a file ending in .effectsPreset not .cube so I can't select it in Compressor.
What to do?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Batch conversion to Rec.709 with Custom LUT 30 Aug 2020 00:51 #109696

• Francois
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
To my knowledge only ColorFinalePro or CoremeltChromatic can do this (export 3d LUT) directly. I did test these two workflows. You could also try an export fcpxml and run that via a timeline import in DavinciResolve it offers to import colour correction then export a LUT from the node matching the cc but don't know the fidelity of that import fcpxml colour correction interpretation ...

hope that helps

Batch conversion to Rec.709 with Custom LUT 31 Aug 2020 17:47 #109749

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Not exactly what you are looking for, but in the new Compressor (is it also 10.4.9?) there is at least an option to add a LUT to several files. Greatly described by our friends from Ripple training:

It's used to create proxies, but could easily used to add LUTs to many files. I'd wish you could choose "Send to compressor" and there decide to get all clips as individual files. Just dreaming..

Batch conversion to Rec.709 with Custom LUT 01 Sep 2020 06:22 #109762

• pszilard
  • pszilard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for this. I actually discovered this feature independently this morning. So I created a LUT using Color Finale Pro, and saved it, then did a batch job using Compressor with the LUT applied.

• Page: