• Page:

TOPIC: Losing transform on underlying clip in compound clip

Losing transform on underlying clip in compound clip 30 Aug 2020 03:57 #109698

• jvo
  • jvo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I've created a compound clip from a storyline. The goal is that I can transform a whole sequence to a smaller frame within the project frame. But I also needed to do a few scale transforms on the original clips. So I opened the compound clip, selected some clips and applied the "Scale (All)" adjustment (slightly larger to crop out a lens ring from the frame). If I look at the unadjusted compound clip in my project after this, the scale adjustments seem to carry through. However, when I apply "Scale (All)" and some changes to "Position X/Y" to the compound clip itself, then the underlying clips revert back to their unscaled sizes. Any ideas why this might be happening? I know I could keyframe the compound clip to deal with this, but I'm wondering why the expected thing isn't working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Losing transform on underlying clip in compound clip 31 Aug 2020 14:32 #109744

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 517
If I am following your description correctly, that is not what should happen. The first thing I'd do is make sure in Preferences that Background Rendering is turned off. Then delete all render files from the Library (via File menu).
What version of macOS?
What version of FCPX?
What model/year Mac?

Last edit: by FCPX.guru.

Losing transform on underlying clip in compound clip 01 Sep 2020 01:02 #109756

• jvo
  • jvo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for idea. I'm in the middle of a large project and it would consume a lot of time to wait for files to re-render after deleting them all. Similarly, I'm going to avoid upgrading to 10.4.9 for now.

macOS 10.15.6, FCP X 10.4.8, 24GB RAM in 2012 iMac 27"

Losing transform on underlying clip in compound clip 01 Sep 2020 08:05 #109764

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 517
Why would you wait for all your Timelines to re-render? Is there a reason you need all your timeline rendered? And FCPX will only re-render as you open timelines and needed it, not the whole Library at once.

And if it is a currupt render file, you may not have a choice but to delete all your render files.

• Page: