fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cannot Duplicate Project with Synology Nas

Cannot Duplicate Project with Synology Nas 03 Nov 2020 13:15 #110685

• Hank3rd
  • Hank3rd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am not sure if it was the 10.1.10 update or not, but I am no longer able to copy/duplicate projects from libraries located on my Synology Nas. It works from my Seagate external drive. I checked and reconfigured the NFS settings on the Nas, tried a new library and even uninstalled FCP and reinstalled after a reboot.

Also, from time to time, when creating new events, I get a noticed that FCP cannot save changes: The storage location for one or more libraries is no longer available. The libraries will be closed so that no work is lost. But I know that the location is valid.

I am stumped as to what to try next. I like to duplicate projects to edit my podcast footage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Hank3rd.

Cannot Duplicate Project with Synology Nas 03 Nov 2020 14:08 #110689

• Hank3rd
  • Hank3rd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I tried something that seems to work. I was going to copy the library to the Seagate external drive, but did not have enough room, but I deleted the "generated files" from libraries on that drive that saved a lot of space. I copied the library in question over, renamed it, and then put it back on the Synology and so far so good. Something must have happened to the original library.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: