fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Are the plug-ins up to date to switch to FCP10.5 and Big Sur ?

Are the plug-ins up to date to switch to FCP10.5 and Big Sur ? 14 Nov 2020 13:43 #110846

• cv21
  • cv21's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I'would like to find out if the following plug-in vendors are up to date before switching first to FCP 10.5 Motion 5.x and then Big Sur:

- CorelMelt: yes with conditions coremelt.com/pages/coremelt-plugins-and-macos-big-sur (there are some small details to take into account, I haven't checked everything yet)

- FXFactory (Yanobox): not sure, if the new Motion and FCP icons are on their site, I can't find more info

- MotionVFX: same

Thank you

Sorry for bad english

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Are the plug-ins up to date to switch to FCP10.5 and Big Sur ? 14 Nov 2020 14:01 #110848

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 749
If there’s nothing on their website you should contact them to be sure.

Are the plug-ins up to date to switch to FCP10.5 and Big Sur ? 14 Nov 2020 15:25 #110850

• cv21
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you.
I am waiting for an answer from one of them. Being an "isolated" user, I'm not going to ask them all.

For now, I got the following feedback on a French forum from a reliable user: FCP 10.5 and Big Sur on Intel:
CoreMelt: it works (I have 4 of them)
My FCPeffects: ok
Neat video : ok
iZotope RX7 : ok
Hawaiki (fxFactory): ok (Yanobox from fxFactory also works, I tried it)
Pixel Film Studio: no but I didn't check if an update was planned,
Hitfilm: no, and I'm sorry because I had their range for free and I don't think that's possible anymore...
MotionVfX: no, there will surely be some Updates.

I don't use all of them. If it helps. No hurry.

Are the plug-ins up to date to switch to FCP10.5 and Big Sur ? 14 Nov 2020 16:04 #110852

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 749
Thanks for sharing this.

Are the plug-ins up to date to switch to FCP10.5 and Big Sur ? 14 Nov 2020 21:37 #110860

• dareposte
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I moved the testing machine (Mac mini) over this weekend, and am having instability and beachball with Coremelt packages. I would say it's not ready for a production switch yet although the plugins do load and seem to preview correctly.

Pretty vanilla system - Mac mini 2018 with clean install of Big Sur and FCP 10.5 + the latest Coremelt package linked above (512.13).

Stabilization works for me but Chromatic and Gadgets don't. Haven't tested exhaustively on everything yet.

Are the plug-ins up to date to switch to FCP10.5 and Big Sur ? 14 Nov 2020 21:50 #110861

• cv21
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thank's dareposte.

For me also it's a question for updating a personal and test machine.

Shame on me, for Yanobox distributed by FxFactory the talented creator write me that the information is written at the bottom of each plug-in's web page... :oops: :blush: ... compatible with 10.5 or less on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur and often High Sierra. For information, good news, Nodes 1 and Nodes 2 versions stay compatible with Big sur.

Last edit: by cv21.

Are the plug-ins up to date to switch to FCP10.5 and Big Sur ? 15 Nov 2020 01:21 #110864

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 534
Coremelt states "We recommend you update to FCP X 10.4.10 before you update macOS." They are not FCP 10.5 ready yet.

Are the plug-ins up to date to switch to FCP10.5 and Big Sur ? 17 Nov 2020 16:19 #110909

• cv21
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Information from MotionVFX facebook: all templates and plug-in are compatible with Intel Big Sur. For Silicon not yet, the information is updated for each plug-in on their web presentation.

From reliable user, HitFilm plug-in seems finaly fine after deactivate and reactivate.

For Corelmelt, something was updated: see discusion here: www.fcp.co/forum/coremelt/34476-big-sur-and-fcp-10-5

Last edit: by cv21.
  • Page: