fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Proxy and Original Media in one timeline, the constant switch...

Proxy and Original Media in one timeline, the constant switch... 20 Nov 2020 19:03 #110954

• ElHungarian
  • ElHungarian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
hey all,

so let's say you are editing some heavy h264 footage which came out of a stabilization software called Reelsteady and in the same timeline you have some Sony XAVC footage which doesn't need proxying since it scrubs and edits just fine. The Reelsteady clips have been proxied as otherwise it is too painful to edit.

Of course now i have to switch the viewer back and forth from the Check at "proxy media" and "original/optimized media" since there is no setting to view both. Am I missing something? Why can't I just see the footage which has been proxied as proxy and the clips that haven't in their normal form?

Surely I can't be the first to want this :). Thanks for your feedback and help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proxy and Original Media in one timeline, the constant switch... 20 Nov 2020 19:12 #110956

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 896
Welcome to the forums!

Update to the latest version of FCP X. This will allow you to view proxy and original media on the same timeline.

- Ronny

Proxy and Original Media in one timeline, the constant switch... 26 Nov 2020 11:32 #111045

• ElHungarian
  • ElHungarian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ah perfect, I guess I will have to update to latest once my current project is through. Updates make me nervous haha. thx!

• Page: