fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: (error -41562)

(error -41562) 21 Nov 2020 17:08 #110971

• Satoriwolf
  • Satoriwolf's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys,

I am pulling my hair out here hopefully someone can help me. I love FCPX and I have been using it for years but for all its pros there are a few cons especially when rending errors occur. For example, I am trying to render and export my project and I get the error message attached the picture. ''The operation could not be completed because an error occurred while exporting (error -41562).'

FCP makes no attempt to tell you what that error means or how to resolve it, I hope someday the developers can address that because it's not very user friendly. Do any of you know what this means?

Cheers
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(error -41562) 21 Nov 2020 20:01 #110976

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 370
Disable background rendering in FCPX preferences, delete all render files, manually render timeline with SHIFT+CTRL+R, don't touch keyboard, observe if it finishes without error. If so then export using this preset as a test: File>Share>Master File>Settings, Format: Computer, Video Codec: H.264 Faster Encode, Resolution: 1920 x 1080.

If either of those fail, state the error.

On current versions of FCPX it will often state the frame number in the error. E.g, "The operation could not be completed because an error occurred when creating frame x". In that case you can change the timeline to frames in FCPX preferences, go to that frame in the timeline and examine the clip.

What version of MacOS, FCPX and what Mac are you running? Also what source codec is that?

(error -41562) 22 Nov 2020 05:29 #110986

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248

Satoriwolf wrote: ''The operation could not be completed because an error occurred while exporting (error -41562).'
FCP makes no attempt to tell you what that error means or how to resolve it, I hope someday the developers can address that because it's not very user friendly. Do any of you know what this means?

I agree that better information should accompany the error codes in FCPX. I usually google search with the error code to see if anything turns up and most of the time I can find something useful. In your case, I found this thread on a forum which indicates there is an issue with the drive you are sharing to (although it doesn't specify what the issue is). discussions.apple.com/thread/8402703
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Last edit: by dgwvideo. Reason: typo
  • Page: