fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Replace keyframed clip || different versions of a movie w. keyframe animations

Replace keyframed clip || different versions of a movie w. keyframe animations 25 Nov 2020 18:11 #111032

Hi
I'm quite new to FCP but have some experience with video editing.
I need to make 4 very short intros for an adventsquiz. One can win 4 different prices and for each I make a 16:9 and a 1:1 video. 

Two questions:

#1: I have one intro ready with the first price. Now I want to replace the price (still image) without loosing the keyframe animation on it. What is best practice for that?

#2: I have the 16:9 animation ready and want to make a 1:1 version of it.
- can I achieve this with two corresponding projects in the same library? I tried, but the copied-over clips from timeline 16:9 to timeline 1:1 messes up quite a lot. I expect to past it in there, grab the whole bunch and place it and then make some fine adjustments in the animation.
I tried compund clips or direct copy/paste - either way it ends up not only with a mess but in changing things in the project 16:9 as well - weird.

Thank you a ton for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by abra100pro.

Replace keyframed clip || different versions of a movie w. keyframe animations 26 Nov 2020 02:10 #111036

#1: highlight the clip (yellow border around it) press command-c to copy attributes, go to the browser and select your new still, press option-r to replace the one in the timeline, highlight the replace clip and press shift-common-paste and select the attributes you want to paste onto the new clip.

#2: select the 16-9 project in the browser and right-click on the name and select copy as, in the dialogue choose the1-1 from the aspect ratios and the frame size you want ( I suggest 1080), adjust what you need to adjust in the new project. there is no automation that would accomodate for every little filter or keyramed animation when changing aspect ratios

sorry had to type blind because the forum interface is now white text on white....

Last edit: by Carsten Orlt.

Replace keyframed clip || different versions of a movie w. keyframe animations 26 Nov 2020 10:42 #111038

Thanks a lot! #1 worked perfectly and saved me already a lot of time.
#2: This is weird: when I copy the 16:9 project which has 1920x1080px to a new one which is then 1080x1080px the clips do not maintain their size, they all get smaller. If they would maintain size, I just could move them to show the section I want and voila. Can I keep them in original size while duplcating the project?
Thanks for your time.

Replace keyframed clip || different versions of a movie w. keyframe animations 26 Nov 2020 15:39 #111055

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 563
As for number 2, use the built-in social media function FCP now has in our latest updates.

support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/cr...dc6/10.5/mac/10.15.6

Smart Conform will help you a great deal.

SMART CONFORM!!!!

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

Replace keyframed clip || different versions of a movie w. keyframe animations 26 Nov 2020 18:32 #111063

My guess is that your clips are set to ‘fit’ in the spatial conform settings in the inspector. This Rand. FCP fits the whole content into aspect ratio you choose. Change the setting to fill to make your footage to ‘fill the whole aspect ratio amd then you can move the content left or right depending o were the action is :-)

• Page: