fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pixel Film Studios split Screen plug-in

Pixel Film Studios split Screen plug-in 26 Nov 2020 01:35 #111035

Fairly new to FCP. Just bought and installed Pixel Film Studios Split-Screen plug-in. Lots of features but it’s a new product they’re selling and they haven’t yet created a tutorial for it. I’m wondering if anyone has tried this yet and knows where I can find some instructions on using it. Short of that, maybe someone knows of a similar product that does have tutorials available somewhere that might be somewhat transferable. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pixel Film Studios split Screen plug-in 26 Nov 2020 15:41 #111056

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 563
You need to contact PFS and ask about tutorials.  Personally, I don't like them, their tech support, nor the instability of their products.  I'd get this same package from anyone else but them.

Pixel Film Studios split Screen plug-in 26 Nov 2020 18:30 #111062

Ben Balser wrote: You need to contact PFS and ask about tutorials.  Personally, I don't like them, their tech support, nor the instability of their products.  I'd get this same package from anyone else but them.

I would ditto Ben's comment. I have two of their plugins and have not been happy with how they function, in one case very little customization. Support was kind, but they seemed to be focused on building more and more plugins, not adding features to the ones they already have. We use FX Factory and have enjoyed the ease of finding various plugins, free trials so you can test for yourself and from all sorts of companies within their interface. Still, some plugins are better than others even in FX Factory.

Pixel Film Studios split Screen plug-in 26 Nov 2020 19:57 #111065

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 563
Developers I use and trust.

Coremelt & VFX Market
SVM (Simple Video Making)
FCPX Full Access
LenoFX
PremiumVFX
Ripple Training
Stupid Raisins
XEffects
MotionVFX

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

Pixel Film Studios split Screen plug-in 27 Nov 2020 20:28 #111086

Thanks, Ben. I’m checking out some of the links you posted in your other reply and I appreciate the time you took to do that. FYI, I did find another tutorial from Pixel Film Studios for another of their products that has given me some decent clues on how to use the plugin I bought, but it would still be better if they had a tutorial for the specific plugin. Live and learn. 

Pixel Film Studios split Screen plug-in 27 Nov 2020 20:31 #111087

Thanks, Glitchdog. I’ll be checking out FX Factory shortly. I’ve gotten a bit further with my plugin but a tutorial would save a lot of grunt work on my part. I really appreciate the guidance. 

• Page: