fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Playback in Browser randomly not working 07 Dec 2020 15:12 #111304

Big Sur 11.1 beta 2 :) FCP 10.5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Playback in Browser randomly not working 07 Dec 2020 15:22 #111307

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 405

rickster wrote: ... it only seems I am getting mostly reply where users announce they are doing "GREAT and their systems are working properly, or they can't reproduce my issue?

When people report that, it is useful information. It implies the problem is not pervasive, which in turn may mean there is no fixable problem in FCP. Rather it could be a system-layer, config or plugin issue. That in turn can help direct subsequent troubleshooting steps.

Step 1 of the scientific method is "define the problem". That requires studying the problem and characterizing it. That may require some work on your part, and we are trying to provide useful advice.

rickster wrote: ..I was honestly hoping for more.... if you can't "help" by real tech digging please don't reply at all. It's not really all about YOU...

This is a user forum. We don't work for Apple or for you, but are willing to spend our own time helping you, provided you are cooperative. There are people here with many years of FCP experience who have written published books on it. But even they cannot by ESP deduce a problem cause unless you provide more information and take recommended steps.

E.g, Ronnie suggested you create a new user account and try that. What were the results?

You could also try resetting FCP preferences (item 11 on this list), it often corrects problems: support.apple.com/en-us/HT203477

However if Quicktime crashes every time you try to play a video, that strongly indicates a system-layer problem which may also be affecting FCP. This is an FCP forum not a general all-purpose Apple forum. We have a lot of system-layer experience and will give advice in that area where possible. But if the troubleshooting path leads toward a non-FCP cause, then other forums and assistance methods should be pursued. E.g, if you delete FCP from your machine but Quicktime still crashes, that is a system-layer issue. Yet FCP must have a reliable foundation to work properly.

Last edit: by joema.

Playback in Browser randomly not working 07 Dec 2020 15:35 #111308

@ Rickster:

You can download MacOS Big Sur 11.1 Beta 2 by enrolling into the Apple Developer Program: developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/

I understand your frustration but, as Joema said, we are proud to run a polite forum and we don't tolerate insulting messages or ranting posts. So I will ask you to respect these policies moving forward.

In the meantime, I have been testing the BS Beta 2 extensively and it looks like this update resolves some issues between Big Sur and FCP 10.5 that have been reported lately. This could also solve the browser playback issue, but I cannot confirm this since I don't see that issue on my systems running the current public version of Big Sur. Many users have reported that they don't see this problem either. It is indeed very relevant to hear from other users if they see a reported issue or not. This allows us to determine if this is a general bug, or just related to specific configurations.

If an issue seems to be related to a specific configuration, an important troubleshooting step is to check if your user account has not been corrupted as this can result in unexpected behavior. That's why I have asked you to create a new user account and check if you still have the problems you have reported. As soon as you have done this, we can move to further troubleshooting steps.

- Ronny

Last edit: by ronny courtens.

Playback in Browser randomly not working 20 Jan 2021 02:15 #112215

Faced the same issue. This started happening for me when I followed a blog that identified settings to tweak to speed up mac os. One of those settings inadvertently breaks FCP.

FIX: Open system preferences, go to accessibility, click on display, make sure the "Reduce Motion" is NOT CHECKED.

Hope this helps!
Alex

Playback in Browser randomly not working 21 Jan 2021 03:29 #112230

I should add that:

It only happens when I send the viewer to my second monitor connected via HDMI to my MacBook Pro 15 2016.
Note this doesn't mean 2nd monitor as permanent full screen output but as 2nd monitor displays viewer in a window. ——
I should further add that:
it also only happens when I have opted for each monitor to have independent spaces in the ‘Mission Control’ system preferences and then have the main laptop screen set to ‘Full Screen’ but not the 2nd monitor with the viewer.

Last edit: by Carsten Orlt. Reason: Further detailing of problem

Playback in Browser randomly not working 29 Jan 2021 14:30 #112423

I've been having the same problem as the other members in this thread, I've tried speaking with the chaps over on the Apple forums but had no luck, deleted apps like Google Chrome which they said was a massive hog on the system, did a clean install as well but still the problem persists of the event browser just playing a blank screen until I scrub over the audio on the right to get the footage to play in my library. Its so odd, had no issues with this before upgrading to Big Sur and the latest FCP. I've done work arounds such as unclicking the Full Disk Access under security and privacy and then turn it on again and it seemed to work again for a period of time. I think the bug lies with the the security perhaps? I've reported this issue to Apple but after doing number of searches online there is quite a few people with this issue since updating to the latest OS and FCP and no one knows why its acting like this.

Last edit: by OliverH82.

Playback in Browser randomly not working 23 Feb 2021 20:26 #112880

arov wrote: Faced the same issue. This started happening for me when I followed a blog that identified settings to tweak to speed up mac os. One of those settings inadvertently breaks FCP.

FIX: Open system preferences, go to accessibility, click on display, make sure the "Reduce Motion" is NOT CHECKED.

Hope this helps!
Alex

Thanks Arov, I had this exact issue and your suggestions fixed it for me. I remember ticking Reduce Motion to stop something else, never new a side effect would be the Event Viewer issue. Very Grateful

• Page: