fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Connected clip problem

Connected clip problem 12 Jan 2021 20:09 #112033

• paz
  • paz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Connected Clip ProblemsI have a number of product videos in different events within one library. As they all use the same graphic elements and a white BG I have coped these between the events and am now adding unique footage for each. Problem - when I connect a clip selection to existing white BG which is itself attached too the primary story line the clip inserts into the white!! If I create a new white within the event and do the same it work fine and appears over the new white!! I cant work out why one works and the other does not - advice much appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Connected clip problem 12 Jan 2021 20:15 #112034

The first is a secondary storyline, and the second is just a connected clip. Everything is connected to the primary storyline. You cannot connect to a secondary storyline. Select what you want to connect, and with the playhead where you want it to go in the timeline  press the Q key.

You don't have to duplicate the graphic elements to each event. You can edit into any project from any event. 

Connected clip problem 12 Jan 2021 20:32 #112036

• paz
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Tom - appreciate being able to edit between events but thinking forward to after finishing and archiving each separately -  still having the same problem have picked a shot (used Q key ) to drop over an existing clip within, what must be a secondary story line, and it pops on top as required but moving past that to the white clip and the same clip using Q key inserts it rather than popping it on top!!  Confused.
Attachments:

Connected clip problem 12 Jan 2021 20:40 #112037

I can't make that happen. The Q key for me always connect the clip at the top wherever there's space.

If you're want to archive only the used media for a project, copy the project into a new library. All the media will transfer to the archive library regardless of where it is.

Connected clip problem 12 Jan 2021 20:51 #112038

• paz
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Cheers Tom thanks for the archiving info which I'll use (I must get over my OCD) - strange on the connected clip have just made one new custom colour into secondary storyline and an other which is as is and the clips using the Q key drop on as expected, both connected above!
Attachments:

• Page: