fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Selecting Clips Underneath a fade 26 Jan 2021 16:32 #112346

Hello,

Anyone know a way to quickly select or even see the clips underneath a fade (see pic below)? I can do it with the playhead but this seems a bit hit or miss sometimes, I'd rather be able to quickly select the clip and see it is selected without hitting the transition. Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Selecting Clips Underneath a fade 26 Jan 2021 19:46 #112348

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 590
um... wow... Up & down arrow keys to quickly get to that spot between transitions.

If it's an operation you need to do a lot, I'd start stacking those clips, keyframe opacity in/out, copy, paste-attributes to everything else.

That's a tough spot there for any NLE.

Oh, I got it! Double-click the edit point (mid-way through transition) to open the Precision Editor.
support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/us...4/10.5.1/mac/10.15.6

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

Selecting Clips Underneath a fade 28 Jan 2021 10:52 #112381

Ah yes of course precision editor! Its not something that occurs very often, in fact this is the first time and got me wondering if there was a way to see through the FX on top so to speak (at least just to click the clip). I discovered the reason the playhead wasn't always selecting the clip was because it was actually selecting the adjustment layer on top, so a quick temp removal of that fixed that issue.

Thanks for the info though!

Selecting Clips Underneath a fade 28 Jan 2021 14:07 #112384

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 590
You can select a clip in the Timeline, use the V shortcut to mute/unmute it, rather than remove it.

• Page: