fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Audio Sync and "Lag" Issues 20 Feb 2021 03:18 #112796

Has anyone encountered audio where the audio continues to "fall behind" as the clip goes on? This is driving me crazy!

CONTEXT:
  • I'm recording A Roll (talking head) using a camera and Rode VideoMic (no issues there obviously)
  • I'm also recording screen capture on the laptop (I do tutorial videos) and Im recording video through my webcam (I don't use this audio in the final video, only for syncing purposes)
  • I clap 3 times at the beginning so I can sync the audio BUT
The screen capture audio somehow keeps LAGGING BEHIND as the time goes on. So let's say the 2 audio tracks are perfectly in sync at the beginning, then the screen capture audio falls behind by 10 frames 20 minutes in, then 20 frames 30 minutes in, then 30 frames 40 minutes in...

Is this a common problem?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Audio Sync and "Lag" Issues 20 Feb 2021 12:26 #112799

It shouldn't be, but it depends in the specifications of the various media. The camera, Rode, screen capture, frame rates and audio sample rates. Also the devices being used might help. Some devices just don't do sync.

Audio Sync and "Lag" Issues 20 Feb 2021 14:12 #112801

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 589
What you describe is a textbook sample rate issue. Your two videos are recording audio at different sample rates. Audio sample rates in video should always be 48kHz.

Audio Sync and "Lag" Issues 21 Feb 2021 21:06 #112843

It is a audio sample rate problem but I think it has to to with the screen rec software not using a constant (or stable) audio clock. I think it It doesn’t matter what the sample rate is it just has to be stable/constant. Have you tried using a diff screen rec software? I dont do screen rec so can’t recommend any.

• Page: