fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cannot delete an FCP Library, 10.5.1 21 Feb 2021 02:20 #112824

Hi Tom, the library is stored on a QNAP Server, 80 tb in total, connected via 10 gb ethernet from my iMac Pro to the switch to the Qnap box. I opened the library with "open package", there is a directory 60 subdirectories, info indicates there is 26 gb of data among those sub-folders.
I am hesitant to start deleting those subfolders but it may be the only option at this point. I welcome your thoughts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jimconnor.

Cannot delete an FCP Library, 10.5.1 21 Feb 2021 11:00 #112827

Did you follow the directions to check the permissions and read/write settings for the files?

Response - Cannot delete an FCP Library, 10.5.1 21 Feb 2021 19:09 #112837

Hi Tom,
The library permissions are not locked and are read/write for me as a user. I removed all media except for one empty event and one event with a small clip. I checked many of the folders from inside the library and they all appear to be "unlocked". Any thoughts on how conducting a diagnostic?

Cannot delete an FCP Library, 10.5.1 21 Feb 2021 19:15 #112838

The important thing is to make sure that permissions includes all the content. There is an option for that in the info window.

Where is the library stored? What’s the drive? How is it formatted and connected?

Resolved: Cannot delete an FCP Library, 10.5.1 21 Feb 2021 19:46 #112839

Just an update for the community, I decided to access the file manager on the QNAP Server, I was able to open the library, view the many files, deleted one file as a test, then went to the directory and deleted the library, it worked. Not sure how this would have been resolved in the Mac O/S but the NAS O/S resolved the issue. Thanks for the assistance, also, I read over the recommendations on images and will be reduce the image size before uploading any future images.

• Page: