fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Breaking Apart Synchronized Clips (Not Compound Clips) 28 Feb 2021 12:34 #112984

Hi gurus and experts - Definitely in need of help, been searching for hours and no answer so far :(

I used the audio sync function to sync 2 clips: talking head clip and a screen recording. The audio is perfectly synced up but I can't "break" the synchronized clips apart to edit them. I.e. they're not acting like a compound clip where I can just break it apart into 2 separate clips.

Screenshot: cln.sh/C454hO

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Breaking Apart Synchronized Clips (Not Compound Clips) 28 Feb 2021 12:45 #112985

You can use the Clip >Open Clip function, but this is not how you work with multiple video clips. For that you use the multicam clip function, combining all the elements, video and audio.

Breaking Apart Synchronized Clips (Not Compound Clips) 28 Feb 2021 21:44 #112986

Synced clips not breaking apart is normal behaviour. They are suppose to work like normal clips which you can't break apart either.
What you can do though with synced clips is 'Detach Audio' same as you can with normal clips. Right click on the synced clip and choose 'Detach Audio' from the contextual menu. Or select the synced clip and press shift-control-s.

Breaking Apart Synchronized Clips (Not Compound Clips) 01 Mar 2021 01:44 #112987

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 614
Rather than detach the audio, I'd simply Expand the audio channels.

• Page: