fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Spelling in captions 02 Mar 2021 10:28 #113017

I'm adding foreign language captions to a project, but whenever I type a phrase, the spelling corrector automatically changes it to some English equivalent. I've found how to turn off spelling corrections for any one individual caption (right-click on the text of the caption in the Inspector) but it seems stupidly tedious to have to do this for every caption in the timeline.

It's even sillier since one of the main points of captions is to put up text in a foreign language.

Any advice?

Martin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Hypnoman.

Spelling in captions 02 Mar 2021 11:35 #113019

Does turning off 'Correct spelling automatically' in the Keyboard page of the macOS prefs help?

Administrator
Attachments:

Spelling in captions 02 Mar 2021 11:59 #113020

Nope.

MST

Spelling in captions 02 Mar 2021 13:57 #113021

Ok then, try this.

Right click on the word you don't want to change, then turn off the options from the dropdown menu

Administrator
Attachments:

Spelling in captions 02 Mar 2021 14:05 #113022

The trouble with that, as I said in the original post, is that it only turns off spelling for that one particular caption. I want to turn it off for all captions in the project.

Spelling in captions 02 Mar 2021 14:26 #113023

How about toggling the preference to the language you are using?

Administrator
Attachments:

Spelling in captions 02 Mar 2021 14:33 #113024

Thought of that – it's not listed. It's a bit odd that you can't simply turn off spell-checking, isn't it? MST

• Page: