fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re-rendering timeline with "basic title" 03 Mar 2021 16:25 #113042

Hi, whenever I open a fully rendered project in which I have inserted titles (basic title), only the clips in which the titles are present are to be re-rendered, while the rest of the timeline is ok.Is it a bug? Or are there any extra settings I need to make?
I work with Catalina 10.15.7 and FCPX 10.5
Thank you!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re-rendering timeline with "basic title" 04 Mar 2021 14:45 #113066

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419

Fioranelli wrote: Hi, whenever I open a fully rendered project in which I have inserted titles (basic title), only the clips in which the titles are present are to be re-rendered, while the rest of the timeline is ok.Is it a bug? Or are there any extra settings I need to make?...

IMO this is a bug. It is not limited to titles. There are various combinations of effects which can produce "lost" render files and require re-rendering. The behavior is complex and confusing, and in some cases extremely costly from a render time standpoint.

As a rudimentary workaround you can sometimes render the timeline, re-launch FCP, then render it again and on the 2nd attempt the render files will remain more persistent. There are other cases where no render dots show (hence it should behave as if fully-rendered), yet it remains sluggish as if not rendered.

I have discussed this at length verbally and in email with Pro Apps Escalation Support, and emailed them a simple replication scenario. However they don't view it as a bug or plan to take any action. See these posts for more details:

www.fcp.co/forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-fcpx/...se-or-project-switch

www.fcp.co/forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-fcpx/...has-no-effect#110389

Re-rendering timeline with "basic title" 05 Mar 2021 10:31 #113098

Ok thank you! I see the posts!

• Page: