fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ninja V 4k ProRes files - Can't import as a proxy 05 Mar 2021 19:36 #113126

Hey Folks,
I am in a quandary. I am shooting 4k 23.9 C-Log from my Canon EOS R6 into the Ninja V. I am outputting to my external HD from the Ninja V SSD card in Pro-Res 422. No matter what I do or what I try i cannot convert these files into Proxy files. I have all the preferences set to leave files in place and Proxy. I also tried the Transcode box and all the choices were grayed out. Has anyone else had this problem? Not being able to proxy these huge files is definitely putting a cramp in my editing mojo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ninja V 4k ProRes files - Can't import as a proxy 05 Mar 2021 21:21 #113128

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419
I have thousands of UHD 4k/23.98 ProRes 422 clips recorded on the Ninja V from various cameras. I haven't seen a problem creating proxies. I just re-tested this on various clips using FCP 10.5.2 and it worked OK, using both 50% ProRes proxies and H.264 proxies. MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.

You might verify what versions of FCP and MacOS you are running. There was just an FCP update which had some bug fixes, also an update to Apple Pro Video Formats, which you install using System Preferences>Software Updates.

If you recorded and imported to FCP 4k/23.98 ProRes, it should work. Create a test library, verify in the inspector Storage Locations>Modify Settings are all at default, then import one clip using "leave files in place" and try to create proxies on that clip.

Maybe you have an external storage location defined and there's a problem with permissions, space, or it's a foreign file system.

Ninja V 4k ProRes files - Can't import as a proxy 05 Mar 2021 21:31 #113129

Thank you for the response. I just literally checked the files again where the proxy dot in info was previously red it is now green. I am now even more stumped as I didn't do anything differently. All four files from my interview today showing up as proxy files now. I'll have to wait and see what happens with the footage I shoot tomorrow.
Thanks again!

Ninja V 4k ProRes files - Can't import as a proxy 06 Mar 2021 15:07 #113139

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 614
Be sure to give FCP enough time to create those proxies, it's not an instantaneous process.

Ninja V 4k ProRes files - Can't import as a proxy 06 Mar 2021 15:09 #113141

Ok, that makes a ton of sense, Having not had to work with proxies before i didn't realize that. Thanks so much to everyone who helped me out!!!

• Page: