fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Very Large FCPX Bundle (352 GIG) Stuck Locked and no Permissions on Earth ! 07 Mar 2021 09:30 #113160

Hello Everyone,
Yes its true, I have this beast, sweating and getting irritable and bloated! But enough about the other half and onto a troublesome development in Final Cut Pro.
I have one of my major libraries stuck with a permissions problem which I have been desperately trying to unlock since I upgraded to Big Sur a few months back. Its not so much that its a big library, its been overestimated by FCPX as usual and it can be sorted by deleting the libraries render files when I get back in , but that's the problem I have tried everything I know to reset the permissions on my machine and it simply won't budge . Every time I just get a one message retort from FCPX saying: The Document "Time and Tide.fcpbundle could not be opened . Permission denied. and then underneath in small, Libraries require read and write permission. I have been into the Get Info and given myself permission on all levels including ADMIN My other USER , Everyone and still the same, I've been into terminal and diskutil reset user permissions. and another permissions command: chflags -R nouchg ~which goes a little deeper. but still nothing . Does anyone have any more suggestions , I would be very grateful Many thanks in anticipation
Ian Francis
Creative Director
Primus Films Ltd UK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ian Francis. Reason: unnecesary file info

Very Large FCPX Bundle (352 GIG) Stuck Locked and no Permissions on Earth ! 07 Mar 2021 11:25 #113164

Privacy > Full Disk Access?

Very Large FCPX Bundle (352 GIG) Stuck Locked and no Permissions on Earth ! 07 Mar 2021 12:04 #113166

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419

Ian Francis wrote: ...I upgraded to Big Sur a few months back...I just get a one message retort from FCPX saying: The Document "Time and Tide.fcpbundle could not be opened . Permission denied. and then underneath in small, Libraries require read and write permission....I've been into terminal and diskutil reset user permissions. and another permissions command: chflags -R nouchg ~which goes a little deeper....

What Tom said. Also, by "...diskutil reset user permissions..." I assume you mean diskutil First Aid, and reset user permissions was via Finder? There was an option in diskutil back in Yosemite to reset user permissions but you are on Big Sur. Just wanted to make clear what steps you've taken.

What kind of disk is the library on? Is it formatted HFS+ or APFS? Is it a NAS server? If it is on a NAS or non-Mac file system can you copy it to a locally-attached disk which is formatted as HFS+ or APFS?

If it is on the system volume, then running diskutil First Aid doesn't make any changes unless you boot in recovery mode (boot with CMD+R). Starting with Catalina and later you must run First Aid separately on both partitions of the boot disk in recovery mode.

Also go into System Preferences>Users & Groups, and make sure your current logged-in user is an Admin. If none of that works try a different user account.

Very Large FCPX Bundle (352 GIG) Stuck Locked and no Permissions on Earth ! 07 Mar 2021 15:36 #113175

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 614
And verify the drive isn't at capacity, and delete all render and proxie files.

• Page: