fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Does 10.5+ still have *infernal* (browser) clip length and sort order glitch? 03 Apr 2021 23:46 #113795

• Slaughter
  • Slaughter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
10.4.8 and lower are known to have an extremely irritating glitch where every time you open FCPX, within the browser, clip length and sort order are defaulted back to long clip lengths - requiring manual reset of the length in clip view options - and however you last had them sorted, FCPX says "nope" and you have to manually rejig that as well. Has this been fixed in later versions? At this stage it's pretty much the only reason I'll bother updating... I have checked the release notes and disappointingly, there's no mention of these issues being resolved.

(Note that yes, I have attempted to trash prefs, reinstall, etc etc and in a previous post - which I can't find - some other users noted they had the same problem)

BTW - I have searched this website and can't find any info about how to edit and set your signature for forum posts...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Does 10.5+ still have *infernal* (browser) clip length and sort order glitch? 03 Apr 2021 23:50 #113796

• Slaughter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
PS I have observed what appears to be a fairly recent addition here: "Karma" points... of which I have negative 1, apparently.It's ah... a little difficult to work out how to improve on this when the website does not have a way of searching for relevant posts on this subject. Case in point: see attached. There are NO search results pertaining to this points system when you search for "Karma".
Attachments:

Last edit: by Slaughter.

Does 10.5+ still have *infernal* (browser) clip length and sort order glitch? 04 Apr 2021 00:12 #113798

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 614
Clip length? Do you mean the column layout in the Browser? Yeah, that was fixed some time ago. I definitely upgraded to the latest version and am very happy with it.

Does 10.5+ still have *infernal* (browser) clip length and sort order glitch? 04 Apr 2021 00:15 #113799

• Slaughter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Yes - I've attached a screenshot just to clarify.
Clip browser, clip length reset to ..."not short"...and sort order reset to.... whatever FCPX feels like... every time I open the application.
If we're talking about the same thing, then this is good news... and probably worth me updating....
Thanks!
Attachments:

Does 10.5+ still have *infernal* (browser) clip length and sort order glitch? 04 Apr 2021 15:00 #113801

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
Why not update?

As for filmstrip duration in the Browser's filmstrip mode, I dunno, I rarely ever look at things that way. But that is different from the column layout in list mode.

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

Does 10.5+ still have *infernal* (browser) clip length and sort order glitch? 05 Apr 2021 00:04 #113804

• Slaughter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I use that mode for viewing as I am very visual in how I organise - I need to see those thumbnails.
Drives me nuts that FCPX often does not remember the user's preferences and configuration for this viewing option. I guess I have been reluctant to upgrade because the last time I did so, this bloody problem still had not been fixed - and the things that had been updated really didn't had much impact on my workflow. So for me to bother with the update process, I want to know that I'll actually see some benefit... there's every chance that the odd thing can go wrong with updating, requiring a reversion to a previous version etc. It's rare but it happens. Thanks for your replies.

Does 10.5+ still have *infernal* (browser) clip length and sort order glitch? 05 Apr 2021 07:25 #113806

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
Learn Shift-Z.

Does 10.5+ still have *infernal* (browser) clip length and sort order glitch? 06 Apr 2021 00:48 #113821

• Slaughter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
The shift-Z command does not tell FCPX to remember browser clip view settings upon the application starting up. Which is what this post is about...so that's an odd suggestion to make.
Based on your advice that the latest version of FCPX no longer has this glitch, the fix would appear to be in upgrading to that version. Cheers.

• Page: