fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Audio & video are slightly out of sync within one multicam angle. Solution? 01 May 2021 04:57 #114260

After syncing clips and doing a bit of multicam editing, I discovered that the audio and video are slightly out of sync within one of the angles. (As in, there was an issue when the clip was recorded or rendered. Not a multicam sync issue.) In any other project I would just detach the audio, nudge so it's in sync with the video, create a compound clip with the two, and move on... but I haven't found a way to detach audio from a single multicam angle. I realize that will create some sync issues within the multicam project, but I would rather fix those than start from square one. Is there a way?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Audio & video are slightly out of sync within one multicam angle. Solution? 01 May 2021 05:33 #114262

Welcome to the forums!

Someone may come up with a better solution, but this is what comes to my mind straight away:

1. In the browser, select the original clip that has sync issues and go Clip>Open Clip. This will open the clip in its own timeline.

2. Sync the audio to the video by nudging the audio to the correct position.

3. Select the multicam clip in the browser and double-click to open the multicam clip in the Angle Editor.

4. Replace the problematic angle in the multicam editor by dragging the synced original clip from the browser onto it.

I just tried this myself, it should work.

- Ronny

Last edit: by ronny courtens.

Audio & video are slightly out of sync within one multicam angle. Solution? 02 May 2021 10:08 #114283

Thank you for the warm welcome and — of course — for the answer. Worked perfectly!
Can't believe that I had no idea that menu option existed all these years...

Audio & video are slightly out of sync within one multicam angle. Solution? 02 May 2021 11:08 #114284

You are very welcome!

Open Clip is extremely useful to make changes or even apply effects to an original clip before bringing it onto a timeline.

Being able to add or replace an angle in the Angle Editor even after the multicam has been edited is one of the gems of the multicam feature in Final Cut Pro.

- Ronny

Audio & video are slightly out of sync within one multicam angle. Solution? 02 May 2021 16:05 #114288

• Topher5
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • A work in progress.
  • Thank you received: 2
Try using Plural Eyes 4

Audio & video are slightly out of sync within one multicam angle. Solution? 02 May 2021 16:23 #114289

There is no need to pay for an external application if you can do it perfectly within your NLE. And Pluraleyes is far from prefect, just google Pluraleyes issues.

- Ronny

• Page: