fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Selecting entire clip in browser 01 May 2021 19:16 #114270

When I select a clip in the browser it automatically selects an area rather than the entire clip. I can then hit "X" to select the entire clip each time, but that it tedious. I'm sure there is a way that I can autoselect the entire clip each time because I used to do that. But for the life of me I can't remember what I did so that happens. Is there an option or setting to always just select the entire clip and stop clicking "X"??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Selecting entire clip in browser 01 May 2021 19:22 #114271

Are you clicking a video clip or a still image? A video clip should select the entire clip. The still image selection duration is set in preferences. The still import duration is 10 seconds.

Selecting entire clip in browser 01 May 2021 20:25 #114272

Thank you, Tom, for your prompt reply. Yes, it is still images on which I am clicking. Clicking on a video image selects the entire clip. I checked Preferences and somehow the duration had been reset to 4 seconds from 10, so that has solved most of the problems. Thank you! Yet some still images are only partially selected, so am not sure why that occurs. You can see that the image on the left is only partially selected while the one on the right is entirely selected.
Attachments:

Selecting entire clip in browser 02 May 2021 19:23 #114292

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 424

Frank Lancaster wrote: When I select a clip in the browser it automatically selects an area rather than the entire clip. I can then hit "X" to select the entire clip each time, but that it tedious. I'm sure there is a way that I can autoselect the entire clip each time because I used to do that....

You can clear all ranges with CMD+A, then OPT+X, then each clip selection will be unrestricted.

Selecting entire clip in browser 02 May 2021 19:48 #114293

Thank you. Yes, I am aware of those key commands, but wasn't aware that would make every clip unrestricted in the future. Will definitely give it a try and thanks for your reply.

• Page: