fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Endless plug-in copies atomatically generated 03 May 2021 18:58 #114306

• enno
  • enno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
A few 3rd party plug-ins* installed on my mac have generated many many copies of themselves. I don't know how and I don't know why - but I have up to 30 instances of some effects in my library, and they keep duplicating.

Any ideas? Experienced the same? Solutions?

*e.g. Ryan Nagle's Zoom Transitions, MotionVFX transitions etc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Endless plug-in copies atomatically generated 04 May 2021 00:46 #114307

I only had this happen after I modified a custom Motion title several times during working in the same library. I had the feeling it happened when storing the Motion title effect inside the library rather than the default Motion templates folder. I think FCP saved a new version if I didn't close down FCP before modifying the title template in Motion and then reapplying (replace) any existing versions of that template in the current project.
I reported the problem to Apple as I think the Motion template workflow could be improved to better recognise changes to a template.
But regardless I could always delete all copies and FCP still recognised the template correctly.

Last edit: by Carsten Orlt.

Endless plug-in copies atomatically generated 04 May 2021 04:21 #114308

• enno
  • enno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes. I did rename some of the folders and manually reorganized some plug ins. I modified a few transitions in Motion. Plus, just like in your case, I too did have some libraries with Motion Templates set to store in library. The triple whammy was probably too much and caused the runaway copies.
Thanks for bringing up that you were just able to delete the extra instances of the effects. I'll go in and delete away.

• Page: