fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Conforming to Original Media? 04 May 2021 07:38 #114309

• Hinoj
  • Hinoj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm one of the editors of a full-length documentary. My producer provided me with an .mp4 of interview selections, which she had edited from the original footage. I then cut that .mp4 into a story. Now I need to conform my edited story to the original footage for the final master edit.

I have access to the original media; but the producer edited her piece on Premiere Pro. The only vague ideas I have would involve individually synching each clip---a tedious project---or somehow using XML from the producer's Premiere Pro cut.

I am looking for any ideas about a workflow that might help with this problem.

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I'm fine with any redirections on this topic.

Thanks all. --Jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Conforming to Original Media? 04 May 2021 08:27 #114310

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forums.

As you found out, it's never a good idea to mix NLEs in a production. But there are solutions for the specific workflow you are looking into. Have a look at SendtoX:
intelligentassistance.com/sendtox-cc.html

This app will translate a Premiere XML into an XML that Final Cut Pro understands. The creators of the app, Philip and Greg, are wonderful people and they will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

- Ronny

Last edit: by ronny courtens.

Conforming to Original Media? 04 May 2021 13:03 #114311

Nice Post

• Page: