With Apple announcing support for shared storage this week for FCPX, ProMAX have timed this free webinar rather well.
There are many shared storage solutions out there, we've tried quite a few of them and know there can be big differences in price and operability. The webinar will compare different solutions from different vendors in a 'Shootout' style. It will be broadcast on Wednesday 29th at 10:00 pst, you'll need to pre-register to attend.
"We will take an in depth look at today's top storage vendors that support media production. We are focusing on companies that understand video and audio workflows and design their products to fit those needs. All vendors represented are trusted ProMAX partners who have over the years demonstrated a combination of Innovation, Support, and Value. Overall, these products are the best of the best!"
2011 Shared Storage Shootout - Webinar Sept 29th, 2011 @ 10:00am pst
- Overview of Shared Storage for Media & Entertainment
- Understanding SAN vs NAS
- File Locking & Volume Locking
- Overview of Solutions
- 20 Minute in depth look at each vendor's solutions
2011 Shared Storage Report - Downloadable Sept 29th, 2011
- 50+ question in-depth look at each of the vendors solutions
- The idea behind each company
- The idea behind each product
- Case Studies from each vendor
So if you need to get up to speed on shared storage, this is not a bad place to start.