Editing is a lonely business, us editors rarely mix so that's why we spend so much time on the internet! Want to hear five top editors talk about their hope for the new version, their concerns, and how they are preparing for the impending change in editing technology?
This thursday afternoon/evening is your chance at MacVideo Expo central London, June 9, at the Royal Society of Medicine, One Wimpole Street, W1G OAE. Entry is £10. Register here.
This section forms part of a bigger billing:
4pm Doors Open
* 4.15pm Rick's camera tips, filming on location and being prepared for whatever the client throws at you - Rick Young, Producer/Director
5pm Exhibitors' showcase; enjoy good food and drink; network and meet with colleagues and filmmakers
6.30pm Show Starts
* Discussion: preparing for Final Cut Pro X - a lifeline for making sure you don’t get caught out by the on-coming shift in editing technology
* Headline Sponsor: Adobe - new features CS5.5
* Guest Speaker: Guest Speaker: James Tonkin - Hangman Studios - director James Tonkin will share his approach and workflows behind several recent projects, including the specifics behind using DSLRs for a live 10 camera concert shoot and most recently filming with the Sony NEX-FS100 and PMW-F3. James has created documentaries, commercials and DVDs for a number of artists from Bjork to companies such as Jaeger and Coco De Mer. He has also directed music videos for Robbie Williams. James will share knowledge of working with Final Cut Pro including the recent addition of DaVinci's Resolve for colour grading.
* Headline Sponsor: AJA Video Systems - AJA and your Pipeline - Join Kevin King, AJA representative, for an exploration of the latest workflow enhancers from AJA.
From Acquisition to Edit and Conversion, AJA's updates and new products offer you a wealth of powerful tools. Ki Pro Mini, has gained new features for your acquisition needs for Apple ProRes workflows. KONA 3G enables 4K playout for the growing needs of high resolution camera capture and post workflows. The soon to be released FS2, offers double the conversion capabilities and Fiber connectivity for production and post workflows of all stripes, including Dolby E encoding and decoding options.
* Sponsor: AVID Media Composer 5.5 - Avid introduces new features of Media Composer 5.5. Presenter: Deepraj Sandhar
See Media Composer(r) 5.5 in action at MacVideo Expo. Discover features and workflows that actually accelerate your editing and see how Media Composer works with AJA Io Express and new format support with Matrox MX02 Mini. and learn about the PhraseFind dialogue search option and other productivity enhancing tools including new EUCON support for the Artist Series control surfaces.
* Guest Speaker: M dot Strange - the self taught 3D animator known for producing, We Are The Strange, a full-blown animated feature film, single-handedly! After 4 years of hard work M dot Strange will preview, for the first time ever, excerpts from his new movie: Heart String Marionette. M dot Strange is an animator, filmmaker and musician, and is regarded as having produced what would normally take a team of people months or years of work.