• Page:

TOPIC: I was hoping for the Intensity Shuttle 2

I was hoping for the Intensity Shuttle 2 14 Sep 2019 01:56 #101415

• arc
  • arc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
I was hoping to see a 4K Thunderbolt 3 Intensity Shuttle 2. I am disappointing that it is not in production but this seems kind of cool.

www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/atemmini

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I was hoping for the Intensity Shuttle 2 14 Sep 2019 16:17 #101430

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 473
Wow, a Tricaster for a fraction of the cost. Nice. I doubt you'll see 4K switchers on this level until ATSC 3.0 becomes more of a reality.

I was hoping for the Intensity Shuttle 2 15 Sep 2019 08:47 #101440

• arc
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

FCPX.guru wrote: Wow, a Tricaster for a fraction of the cost. Nice. I doubt you'll see 4K switchers on this level until ATSC 3.0 becomes more of a reality.

I don't think most people want 4K for live streaming (in 2019) because of the bandwidth required. Having said that I would like 4K at 60P for playback to the UHD monitors. AJA has Thunderbolt devices that will do it but they are expensive.

I was hoping for the Intensity Shuttle 2 15 Sep 2019 12:39 #101443

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 473
Live streaming and VOD 4K is a reality right now. Broadcasting OTA where bandwidth is not an issue, 4K is coming in a year or two. 4K TV sets are selling, more now than a year ago, and it's only going to pick up as 4K VOD and broadcast options increase. I'm about to purchase a 4K TV set, last person at my TV station to do so.

I was hoping for the Intensity Shuttle 2 15 Sep 2019 13:22 #101448

• arc
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

FCPX.guru wrote: Live streaming and VOD 4K is a reality right now. Broadcasting OTA where bandwidth is not an issue, 4K is coming in a year or two. 4K TV sets are selling, more now than a year ago, and it's only going to pick up as 4K VOD and broadcast options increase. I'm about to purchase a 4K TV set, last person at my TV station to do so.

I know 4K is becoming the norm. I don't live under a rock. Having said that it is the internet connection speed that will make or break streaming 4K possible. Most 4K h.264 DLSR cameras use about 150-250 megabits per second. Some people do have upload speeds of 150 megabits per second and more but those people could probably afford more than $295.00. Having said that you can obviously live stream 4K h.264 at 20 megabits per second but depending on the video content it might have some artifacts. I think the $295.00 price for the system is for people on a budget who want to live stream their shows at 1080P with a standard cable modem and mediocre cameras.

• Page: