fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: FCPX Crashes on Export

FCPX Crashes on Export 28 Sep 2020 08:12 #110269

• vagabundo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
HEY GUYS.
I HAVE A SOLUTION FOR THE ONES WITHOUT RECOVERY TIME MACHINE BACKUP STUFF.

So basically is this bloody framework update for iphone. dont update and keep transfering files via airdrop!
you have to replace the latest framework for an old one.
I copied the one from my backup time machine folder to my desktop and replaced the new one.
here is how i did.

1. restart your mac in recovery mode (Command + R) and run terminal
2. type csrutil disable reboot your mac
3. delete the conflictive framework (you will be able to do it now) ,copy the old framework and paste it in same address of the conflictive one.
4. try FCPX, if not working is because you paste it wrongly; if works reboot in Recovery mode, run terminal and write csrutil enable. reboot again
5 enjoy :)

here i share my framework with you guys drive.google.com/file/d/1yZ46zcOC7b43ISi...82V/view?usp=sharing

hope works for yall! i was stressing out with this and i didnt want to restore my mac with time machine because i have a lot of new programs installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by vagabundo.

FCPX Crashes on Export 07 Oct 2020 09:57 #110383

• Boutthere
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I just dove into this nightmare yesterday and have not been able to figure it out with help on the Apple Forum. I couldn't figure out what possibly could have changed with my 2013 MacBook Pro running High Sierra in the few days since I did my last project. This might be my answer. Switched to new iPhone SE and new GoPro 9 Black purchased in the last week, so accompanying software of one of those likely is the culprit.
To the Genius Bar I go.. but I'm taking a screen shot of your post with me. It's a cruel glitch. Put a lot of time into a project it looks like I might lose.

FCPX Crashes on Export 09 Oct 2020 06:22 #110407

• scasal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
OMG man! You're a life saver. I was going crazy here trying everything and reading all forums and sites I could possibly read until I found this page and your comments. It worked perfectly for me. I'm using a Macbook Pro Early 2011 with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. Guys, don't hesitate and just do it. It really works. Thanks A LOT for sharing!!!

FCPX Crashes on Export 10 Oct 2020 19:38 #110432

• hisnameisjoel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
@vagabundo your google drive link saved us! Same problem as everyone else, did an iTunes update which affected the Mobile Framework but we did NOT have a time machine backup to restore the file. We followed the instructions that vagabundo posted above, using his MobileDevice.framework posted on the google drive link and pasted it here: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ (after disabling csrutil of course). Then FCP worked like a charm.

Thanks so much for putting this together!!

FCPX Crashes on Export 15 Oct 2020 14:46 #110492

• anderspanders
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
THANKS MAN! LIFESAVER!

FCPX Crashes on Export 22 Oct 2020 07:14 #110580

• jcrosenwald
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Same issue after updating iTunes 12.8.2.3 to be compatible with iphone iOS 14.0.1.
Same solution: replacing the new framework with an old one.
Thanks a lot for sharing this. It saved a lot of time and effort.

FCPX Crashes on Export 26 Oct 2020 17:10 #110621

• kakaroth
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello you all,

Thank you for your help, i had this issue this week on High Sierra 10.13.6 and FCPX 10.3.4, and find a Youtube video that explained the same issue and solution.

As other users, I m wondering this:
This solves the fcpx exportation issue, but if I need to conect my iphone or ipad to my mac, it will not work (the sync woks by wi-fi, but in case of restoring it would’t).

Did some of you find a solution ?

FCPX Crashes on Export 26 Oct 2020 17:15 #110622

• kakaroth
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
That’s what i was thinking about.

If you find a solution, please share !

FCPX Crashes on Export 29 Oct 2020 22:03 #110650

• mobiletaylor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
What versions of Final Cut are crashing? What would I need to upgrade to in order to have sync with iOS 14 and export with FCP?

FCPX Crashes on Export 29 Oct 2020 22:38 #110651

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 751
The problem is in the OS. You would need Mojave 10.14.6 or later. You can also replace the mobiledevices.frameworks as described earlier in the thread.

FCPX Crashes on Export 30 Oct 2020 20:03 #110657

• mobiletaylor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Thank you!

FCPX Crashes on Export 31 Oct 2020 09:55 #110661

• easyandy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Vagabundo

I can't thank you enough for your post. You literally saved the day for me. With a nasty, very public deadline I was completely stymied by FCPX crashing every time I tried to export.

Over many years of picture editing I have observed the ‘never change anything on your system mid project’ rule, but foolishly I upgraded my iphone IOS to be able to load the NHS Track and Trace app, and had to load an itunes patch to make my Mac compatible with the new IOS on the iphone and I ended up with my export problem. I can’t back up my iphone but at least the project was delivered and shown...

Your attention to detail, thoroughness of including the Mobile framework link and clarity of instructions was superb. I don't know what i would have done with out you!

THANK YOU !!!

FCPX Crashes on Export 26 Nov 2020 03:48 #111037

• TeeJ72
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Vagabundo:  you have no idea how much of a help you have been.  I'd been dealing with the spontaneous and incessant  "compressord can not be opened because of a problem" banner & broken Compressor for a couple months trying to chase down the reason compressor would not run on my High Sierra-based Muscle-Mac; my copy of Toast Titanium stopped working as well. I did think it was some system update and was suspecting maybe Apple was perhaps sabotaging apps that run on "older" Macs to encourage purchase of newer (less reliable & less customizable) one. I even rolled my entire OS drive back to the last full known-working backup: May 2020, took a whole day. Afterword I purposefully did not install any system updates yet Compressor stopped working again after a few days. This morning I was planning on doing the six-hour roll-back again and take an inventory of all system files with intent to compare if/when my pro-apps broke again to narrow down what the heck changed.... but you- lord bless ya-- saved me a TON of time, unnecessarily invasive software handling and future frustration. I followed your directions and replaced my frameworks file with the one you so generously provided. I totally did not expect it to cure the issue, but it did--I never would have suspected a peripheral iTunes update component!

Tears to my eyes, man, tears to my eyes.  Thank you, bro-- seriously, thank you!
-TJ

________
2009 Mac Pro updated to 5,1
2 x 3.46 GHz 6-core Intel Xeons (24 cores)
96 GB RAM
2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080s
FCP / Logic X / After Effects

• Page: