fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Holiday Cabaret de Noël - Virtual Show Production in Final Cut Pro 16 Dec 2020 16:50 #111609

We have all seen a lot of 'virtual choir' videos recently. Oliver Peters took the concept a stage further and edited a whole hour and a half virtual holiday cabaret show. In Final Cut Pro, of course!

Read more...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Holiday Cabaret de Noël - Virtual Show Production in Final Cut Pro 19 Dec 2020 08:32 #111610

Nicely done. You must have the patience of a saint.
"Anyone who thinks this is simply a matter of recording a massive Zoom call is in for a shock!"

*Everyone* thinks that, until we set them right. Even then, they still aren't sure if we're telling the truth...

Holiday Cabaret de Noël - Virtual Show Production in Final Cut Pro 19 Dec 2020 13:31 #111611

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 590
I have enough trouble with two or three people on zoom calls I have to record as interviews for TV. That is a scary massive project. Do you still have any hair or resemblance of sanity?

Holiday Cabaret de Noël - Virtual Show Production in Final Cut Pro 19 Dec 2020 15:42 #111617

Hair!? Ha! Well, some. It helps that this sort of a project is also done at a distance with the luxury of a little time. So no client in the room watching the clock. Once you figure out the best way to start, then the pieces fall into place. It's just doing it. It was also great that most are professional entertainers at various levels, so the challenge of singing well and being in time is less of an issue than with pure amateurs. But it's always dicey. One of the standalone videos in the full show is a duet, also done remotely. Fortunately that turned out well, given that they aren't in the room to play off of each other live.

• Page: