fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

MotionVFX Gains Momentum with New Management and Investors 09 Apr 2021 14:38 #113869

• andbas
  • andbas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Szymon Masiak from MotionVFX is stepping down from running the company, the new management will continue to push for the best quality MotionVFX is known for.

Read more...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MotionVFX Gains Momentum with New Management and Investors 09 Apr 2021 17:11 #113870

I get Error 404 when trying to connect to current openings - www.motionvfx.com/join-us.htm

MotionVFX Gains Momentum with New Management and Investors 09 Apr 2021 17:16 #113871

It had an l missing from the end, try again
Administrator

MotionVFX Gains Momentum with New Management and Investors 10 Apr 2021 14:29 #113886

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 632
We started to use their templates, but found them either too limited or way too taxing on our systems. The plugins are neat in theory, but like mTracker3D, overly complicated to learn and use in fast turnaround broadcast. Then there's the high price tags. TV station refuses to authorize purchases from them any more, and I can't afford the stuff on my own. The new owners say they're going to branch out. I assume into Resolve and PPro plugins and templates, where the real money is. Can't blame them. FCP just isn't getting the tracking it should in the market place. Yes, it is there, but not in the way PPro has firmly established itself. I hope they have great success in the future. I will be interested watching how they evolve.

MotionVFX Gains Momentum with New Management and Investors 13 Apr 2021 23:35 #113945

MY experiece with all the plugin companies is that motionVFX's offerings in genral are on the reliable side of the fence. While all companies have become better at making quality plugins recently, I'm usually pretty confident with the motionVFX stuff. I do buy from everyone when I need something.

MotionVFX Gains Momentum with New Management and Investors 14 Apr 2021 12:16 #113963

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 632
I'd personally argue the "reliable" statement. But that's just my personal experience. I've spent a lot of time with their tech support for a variety of issues, and it's really slow support at that.

MotionVFX Gains Momentum with New Management and Investors 14 Apr 2021 17:52 #113970

Bummer Ben. The fun of plug-in land. I try to do as much as I can without plugins out of practicality. The joy of using one heavily on a project, then in two years when a revision is needed it's no longer compatible with a future OSX. And then many poorer selling plugins (the one you used) get retired and won't work on Apple Silicon. I'm really looking forward to that. Not. Hope you're well and have a good week. Happy editing.

• Page: