• Page:

TOPIC: New Macbook pro a couple of questions

New Macbook pro a couple of questions 08 Jun 2014 09:12 #47474

• Rob Mills
  • Rob Mills's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I have now got a I7 16gb Macbook Pro, when I am in the studio editing can anyone recommend a 27"+ monitor. I know I could get a new Cinema display but I can't justify the cost. Obviously I have HDMI and thunderbolt.

So can I use my mini display port - DVI adaptor that I had with my old Macbook pro and or my mini display port to mini display port cable to connect to my old iMac to use it as a monitor? I had used this in the past with my old Macbook Pro

Thanks

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Macbook pro a couple of questions 11 Jun 2014 02:10 #47625

• Mikch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a couple of Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24-Inch monitors and a Dell 30 Inch Monitor 3007WFP on my Mid 2012 Mac Pro, I've tried them on my new 15" Macbook Pro i7 and they work great with it also. The 30" does have problems with the USB Dual-Link Display Adapter however.
I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code!

New Macbook pro a couple of questions 06 Nov 2014 01:56 #55576

• solidww
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
We are using a Thunderbolt monitor with a MBP. If that won't work for you then try the Asus 27" 2560X1440 display. It works with HDMI and Display port. Oh, and lastly I use a LG super wide (21X9) 25" display. Those are all wonderful displays to use with as a secondary or primary monitor with a MBP.

Hope this helps.

• Page: