fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Connect Multiple Thunderbolt Devices with the OWC Thunderbolt Hub 30 Nov 2020 14:54 #111355

• peteramwiggins
  • peteramwiggins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Administrator :)
  • Thank you received: 389

In the blast of publicity surrounding the new M1 chips and the contemporaneous release of macOS Big Sur, the new capability of Thunderbolt 'hubbing' got slightly overlooked.

Read more...
Administrator

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Connect Multiple Thunderbolt Devices with the OWC Thunderbolt Hub 09 Dec 2020 16:02 #111356

I'm reading different things about this. Is it only possible to use this on M1 chip MACs or is it good with any MAC using Big Sur? I've seen it proclaimed both ways online??

Connect Multiple Thunderbolt Devices with the OWC Thunderbolt Hub 09 Dec 2020 16:08 #111358

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 590
A hub is a hub and you can use them on any Mac with any OS version. Or are you talking about a specific OWC hub that has something special about it?

Connect Multiple Thunderbolt Devices with the OWC Thunderbolt Hub 09 Dec 2020 17:10 #111361

• arc
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
I have read Thunderbolt 4/USB 4 will allow for more functionality when using Thunderbolt hubs.

Connect Multiple Thunderbolt Devices with the OWC Thunderbolt Hub 09 Dec 2020 17:22 #111362

Now you can do more, effortlessly on your Apple M1 Mac, any Apple ‘Intel’ Mac with Thunderbolt 3, or any Thunderbolt 4 PC. - from the OWC website, so any Intel Mac, any M1 Mac. As for "a hub is a hub" - I am unaware of any other Thunderbolt 3 hubs on the market - at any price
Bob

Connect Multiple Thunderbolt Devices with the OWC Thunderbolt Hub 10 Dec 2020 05:03 #111372

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 590
hub is a hub... Has a connector, and ports, just depends on the port configuration. Daisychain is a form of hub.

Last edit: by Ben Balser.
  • Page: