• Page:

TOPIC: Ultra Wide Monitor for Editing

Ultra Wide Monitor for Editing 21 May 2014 02:02 #46389

• cinemaloha
  • cinemaloha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Anyone on FCP.co using an Ultra Wide Monitor with FCPX? I see that 21:9 monitors are not new (here's a 29" ASUS ).

My next purchase is the LG Ultra Wide 34" 34UM95 21:9 Ratio (3440x1440) monitor for $999. I'm current working on dual monitors and would like to replace it with just one or upgrade and use the Ultra Wide for my timeline and the iMac for my Viewer monitor.

I don't understand this video but it looks like it works great and the extra screen real estate might be well worth the price over a Thunderbolt Monitor.

Any thoughts on an Ultra Wide monitor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ultra Wide Monitor for Editing 19 Jun 2014 18:46 #48168

• haysoos123
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
I would say vertical space is more important for a timeline, so this monitor won't be more advantageous in this regard since it has the same vertical resolution as a 27" Cinema Display. Horizontally of course, you'll see more of the timeline, and it helps with the space taken up by the inspector, the effects palette, and the timeline index. FCPX doesn't use horizontal space that effectively yet, IMO, so even then you might have a lot of empty space.

It would be cool to use as a viewing monitor for 2.40 material. Only other question would be color accuracy, but reviews can sort that out for you. In general for just skimming some reviews, a lot of people like it. I say go for it and tell us how it is!

Ultra Wide Monitor for Editing 23 Sep 2015 16:22 #68861

• tangierc
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I was wondering how FCP X would play on one of these as well. Can they be used like virtual dual monitors. I am curious how I'd use the event browser or views on second screen feature. I am just really curious if a monitor like this would hinder some of FCPX's functionality.

Ultra Wide Monitor for Editing 23 Sep 2015 17:11 #68864

• bobmax48
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
I do not have one of the LG monitors. The specs for the monitors state that they were optimized to work with the Late 2013 MacPro.

• Page: