TOPIC: Thunderbolt Display Issues Fixed on MacPros

Thunderbolt Display Issues Fixed on MacPros 19 Apr 2017 23:34 #87350

• champ5mic
  • champ5mic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Director | DP | Editor | Scriptwriter | www.youtube.com/imaginationupgraded
  • Thank you received: 2
So some people have been reporting the Thunderbolt Displays going black for a second randomly since 2013. I recently purchased a MacPro and was in the process of selling my Thunderbolt Display that stood alongside my iMac. After rejecting a bunch of lowball offers, I sat back and noticed that my Display hadn't flashed in a while. Then today, we finally got an official fix in an update! So I bought another Thunderbolt Display! I'm​ back with 2 monitors and all is good in the world.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thunderbolt Display Issues Fixed on MacPros 20 May 2017 14:11 #88184

• StingRay
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Nope .. as of May 2017 this update did NOT fix the issue. I'm using a TB display with a L2013 Mac Pro and the issue still happens. HOWEVER.. a scout through other forums revealed users were turning off the Auto Brightness feature on the Apple TB display to solve the issue which I have done. It's still too early to say if this has fixed the issue but quite a few from the Apple forums are reporting that it has. I'll post back if the issue persists.

Last edit: by StingRay.

Thunderbolt Display Issues Fixed on MacPros 29 Aug 2018 17:03 #96959

• RAW
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I bought a second display this year at first it was OK then started having issues similar to old YB monitor, I had sent that in and just took total repair package, it works flawlessly. I'm planning on sending in second display soon

• Page: