• Page:

TOPIC: Template and plugins for soccer

Template and plugins for soccer 11 Aug 2014 12:30 #51172

• Blext
  • Blext's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I shoot and cut soccer games for an amateur team in Sweden. I am looking for templates or plugins to improve the movie. I need to display goal, game clock, formation, goal scorers and other common info in soccer.

I have looked at Scoreboard from SugarFX but are looking for something a little bit cheaper. I dosn't have to be for free.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Template and plugins for soccer 13 Aug 2014 11:55 #51239

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 660
HA! FINALLY!! I'M NOT ALONE!!!!! :woohoo:

Hi,
I'm editing for some years the games of my lil' sons team ... im the beginning 1 cam + iMovie, meanwhile, on some events 6 cams and FCPX ... demo here:

concerning 'packaging': I haven't found any (usable) Soccer designs! (iMovie has a Soccer theme - a bit too US-ish on my behalf) ... So, I dared to create my very own, using Motion5.

That's far from professional looking, most is my amateurish attemp to get inspired by television (the 'status bar' on top), by EAsports FiFa (those team logo disolve) and other sources (e.g. my very cheap attemp to emulate a SkyTV opener, using mObjects ... my first try, a new one is in the making).

The biggest, mostly unsolved issue is the most common element: A GAME CLOCK!

It is close to impossible to get a clock showing the actual playtime in an editied project! I was told, FCPX/M5 lacks the API to read out the source timecode (=you can display in the Event browser) AND share it to any kind of title-generator. Automatically. You could read out the game-time 'manually' in the Event-browser and type it by hand into your 'title', - for litterally dozens of edits??? You can display the Projects time - but, hey, who needs that??! ;)

I lately found a weird workaround (posted it here at fcp.co ... but it is VERY unhandy.. (english? unhandy??)

In short:
Create your own!
My personal master-piece is a plug-in, which allows in FCPX to select the goal shooter from a drop-down-menu, and presto! the animation shows automatically name and pic of player... for a beginner, that was 3 weekends work :silly:

What I've shared here at fcp.co in the plug-ins sector/generators is my Offside!-plug-in ... looks cheap, but useful: when you'd adjusted the perspective (watch tutorial), you move the yellow line with a slider - easy and correct.

The next season is ahead, and I'll start creating a new 'packaging'-design soon.. if you're interested, we can share ideas... send me a PM, if you like.

Last edit: by Karsten Schlüter.

Template and plugins for soccer 19 Aug 2014 10:04 #51463

• Blext
  • Blext's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
very impressed with your plug-in regarding off-side. Great work!

I'm very interested in changing ideas with you.

Last edit: by Blext.

Template and plugins for soccer 20 Aug 2014 05:01 #51528

• Karsten Schlüter

Blext wrote: ... I'm very interested in changing ideas with you.

I'd send you a PM ...

probably, I'll publish an older 'team chart'-template in the Motion sector of this board = no use for others, way too customized for our team, but to inspire others ...

Template and plugins for soccer 13 Feb 2015 01:09 #59704

• MDS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been cutting clips and games for my sons soccer team and was looking to sexy it up a bit. I ended up purchasing a graphics package but it was created for After Effects, so i've been migrating each of the components to FCX. I completely am with you on the scoreboard time tracking, its a bear to keep in synch. The other elements however have been really nice, time consuming but nice.

Template and plugins for soccer 13 Feb 2015 12:13 #59721

• Karsten Schlüter

MDS wrote: … I completely am with you on the scoreboard time tracking, its a bear to keep in synch. ….

This thread is a bit old … in the meantime, I found my solution, posted here:
www.fcp.co/forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-fcpx/...e-tc-not-projects-tc

The tricks involved: compounds (MultiCam is a special sort of CC) keep the source time
and: applying a MC-clip twice to the timeline to create the overlays...

Next hurdle: we soccer fans say '88th minute', not '1h and 28th minute" ... so, I had to built a 'stamp' which covers the the TC-generator up to the last digit...

... not really that professional looking ............. :whistle:

How do you like my handcrafted design?

Template and plugins for soccer 05 May 2020 18:39 #106923

• tomsportsjourno
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, Karsten. How can I use the templates displayed in your video. I like the transition effect that flashes across the screen.

Template and plugins for soccer 08 May 2020 04:50 #106993

• Karsten Schlüter

tomsportsjourno wrote: Hello, Karsten. How can I use the templates displayed in your video. ….

I never published my 'soccer screen design'-packages, 'cause it's highly individualized for my needs (names, logos) … and a bit tricky to use, topic of this thread, game-clock = asks for a manual.....

plus, I don't do any soccer-reports anymore, a) health probs, b) son plays meanwhile US college league, a bit out of my bikes range ;)

But it was all done 'just' in Motion … that fast, blurred wipe transition is no rocket science …

• Page: